Friday, February 1, 2013

30 Day Course on Faith - Day 1


Taking the Challenge

You are meant to have an amazing life!  A life full of excitement and joy!  It is completely within your power for you to experience peace and joy in your life.  Your life isn’t happening to you… your life is responding to you!

You’ve probably heard the saying, “Whether you believe you can or you can’t, you’re right!”  During this course you are going to learn how powerful faith is, and what an amazing power that you have at your disposal.  As you progress through these 30 wonderful days, I hope you get at least a glimpse of the amazing person you are!

I once heard Jack Canfield tell a story about a test NASA did several years ago.  They were testing the physiological and psychological impact of spatial disorientation on potential astronauts.  So they put convex goggles on these astronaut candidates that made everything appear upside down.  They had to wear these glasses 24/7 — without ever taking them off.  So everything appeared upside down all the time.  At first, the astronauts were under a lot of stress and anxiety, but eventually they started adjusting.  About 30 days into the experiment, something amazing happened!  The men’s brains had created new neural pathways so they started to see everything normal — even though they were still wearing the glasses that made everything appear upside down!  They did the experiment again, this time taking the goggles off partway into the experiment, but the new neural pathways did not form.  The brain needed about 30 uninterrupted days for the new neural connections to form within the brain.
 
I have experimented with the concept myself with amazing results!  It’s a simple concept, but it isn’t an easy one.  To go 30 days without missing a day takes a certain amount of discipline.  It is no coincidence that I wrote this as a 30-day course.  Consider this your personal experiment to see if it works for you.

Norman Vincent Peale issued a challenge in Chapter 1 of his book “The Power of Positive Thinking” that I want to pass on to you.  I took this challenge to heart and had amazing results with it.


Daily Challenge: Every day for 30 days in a row, I want you to say the following out loud at least 10 times each day!!!  Be sure to say it cheerfully and enthusiastically!  This scripture is found in Philippians 4:13:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” 



Bonus Challenge:  Look yourself in the eye in the mirror as you say these statements!



2 comments:

Melanie said...

I was just going through lots of books that I had in storage and came across a copy of this little gem! Thanks for this course--I'm excited to see what will happen in the next 30 days!

Keri said...

I'm glad I saw this and can do the 30 day challenge with you!

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...