Thursday, February 21, 2013

30 Day Course on Faith - Day 21


Faith vs. Doubt

We have been talking a lot about how doubts kill faith.  Obviously, faith trumps doubt every time.

But you need to increase your faith so it can trump your doubts...
But you can't increase your faith until you get rid of your doubts...
But you can't get rid of your doubts until your faith increases...

Have you ever been caught in this vicious cycle? I know I have!  Lots of times!

Doubt, fear, and worry (and really any negative emotion) get their power from us.  When we resist them -- or feed them -- we are giving them the very power they need to exist.  So to get rid of the doubts, we need to starve them and transform them into faith, love, and gratitude!

Here are a few ideas to get started:

~Journal!  I am pretty convinced that journaling is the answer to almost everything!  Learn what your doubts are trying to teach you.  Write "I am doubting because..." or "I am worrying about ____ because..." If you are having a hard time knowing what to write about then write "I am having a hard time knowing what to write about because..." or "If I had any doubts then they might be..."  The important thing is to open the flow and start writing!

~Ask great questions!  We often get in a cycle of beating ourselves up which is not helpful to us.  Instead of judging yourself - or anyone else - try getting into a place of curiosity.  Ask yourself:
          Isn't it interesting that I'm feeling all this doubt (or fear or worry) about _______?  I wonder why...
          How can I transform this doubt, fear and worry into faith, love and gratitude?

~Be positive!  Find what works for you -- meditations, walks in nature, affirmations, deep breathing, happy dances, doing the daily challenge outlined below, etc.  and do it over and over and over and over (you get the idea...)!

~EFT is a great resource to get rid of doubts (and cravings and sadness and anything you would ever want to get rid of)!  EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique and is essentially an emotional version of acupuncture (don't worry -- no needles are involved)!  It is easy (and free!) to learn, and anyone can do this!  You can learn more about EFT here.

In fact, there is a whole training course you can take here.

I have had great success using a method called Faster EFT, and you can learn more about it by visiting here or you can watch this video where Robert Smith teaches you how to do the Faster EFT method (he also teaches you how you can do it in a discreet way while in public;).

Tips for having success with EFT:
1) TRY IT!!!  Even if it seems a little wacky to you (it only seems wacky because it's new... once you start experiencing it you will realize how brilliant it is), try it out!  Do it privately at first -- you don't even have to tell anyone you are doing it!  Experiment with it to see if it really works!

2) Do it CONSISTENTLY!!!  Sometimes you can do one round of EFT and a problem will go away, but I find that for those persistent problems it helps me to do it for 30 days in a row to change a habit or belief!

Be brave... try out EFT and let me know how it goes!  I'd love to hear your story!


Daily Challenge: Every day for 30 days in a row, 

I want you to say the following out loud at least 10 times each day!!!  
Be sure to say it cheerfully and enthusiastically!  
This scripture is found in Philippians 4:13:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” 

You've now completed this challenge 21 days in a row!
Be sure to congratulate yourself for a job well done!
You've now been doing this for three whole weeks!  Woo! Hoo!

No comments:

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...