Wednesday, February 20, 2013

30 Day Course on Faith - Day 20


Faith and Money - Part 3

It's easy to have faith and gratitude when money is coming in, but what happens when there is a decrease of money coming in at the same time there is a rise in costs of living?

In June 2008, when scary talk about a recession was all the rage, I received a postcard in the mail from Vic & Lisa Johnson that said, "Because we're making so much money, we've decided not to participate in the current recession."  I loved getting that in the mail - it totally changed the way I saw the recession!  I showed the postcard to my husband and we decided not to participate in the recession either!

When we get so focused on everything that is wrong, and when we allow fear to guide our thoughts, feelings, beliefs and actions, then we are missing out on so many opportunities and blessings!

You don't believe me?  Go here to watch a video that shows how we can miss something really obvious when we are focusing on something else: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo


We may be so focused on rising prices and dropping incomes that we have taken our focus off of God and how generous and giving He is. Several years ago when gas prices first went up to $4/gallon, everyone was talking about it -- and not in a positive way!  I decided that I was going to feel gratitude that God is such a perfect and generous supplier.  I fully believed that no matter how high gas prices went (or grocery prices or any other prices), God would always provide me with more than enough money to meet the rising costs.

In fact, God's rate of increase is way higher than the rate of inflation!  It is such a powerful feeling to know that no government, no economy, no person can stop the blessings of the Lord! The Lord can ease burdens, and can ultimately liberate us from financial stress!

I have noticed a pattern for being free from debt (or any type of bondage)
~We are in bondage
~We call on God
~God eases our burdens
~We completely submit to God's Will
~God delivers us from bondage
~We give thanks
~We are free from bondage

What if instead of responding with fear we responded with faith and gratitude?  Feeling gratitude and acting in faith will elevate us to a place where we can see the solutions to our problems!


Daily Challenge: Every day for 30 days in a row, 

I want you to say the following out loud at least 10 times each day!!!  
Be sure to say it cheerfully and enthusiastically!  
This scripture is found in Philippians 4:13:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” 

You've now completed this challenge 20 days in a row!
Be sure to congratulate yourself for a job well done!



No comments:

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...