Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify!!!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo da Vinci

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius

Simplicity is my theme for 2011!  There are so many areas of my life that have become cumbersome and weighed down. I have repeatedly taken 5-year plans in various areas of my life and attempted to achieve them in 6 months or less!  Besides feeling like a complete failure, it is very tiring to live your life like this!  So this year I am simplifying and congratulating myself and celebrating every achievement -- no matter how small it may seem!

Sometimes the very act of simplifying can seem overwhelming.  So I have been doing it in bite-sized chunks -- very small bite-sized chunks!  I found this great 21-day challenge through a friend, and it really helped me tackle a little at a time.  I'm not through the 21-day challenge yet, but I am making progress!  Every time I purge a closet, I can feel myself breathing more freely.  Go here for the 21-day challenge

Another obvious place where I have simplified is with my new years' resolutions.  Usually I make grand resolutions -- extremely impressive!  I'm pretty sure that if I ever were able to accomplish all my new years' resolutions in any given year, I would unanimously be crowned Queen of the World.  In other words, it is not even humanly possible to achieve some of my grandiose goals in a single year!  Now I follow the motto:  Better to succeed incrementally than to fail impressively!

I chose one new years' resolution this year.  Today is January 25 and do you think I have abandoned my resolution?  Oh, no!  I am jamming on it!  I feel like a rock star!!!  Now that this new years' resolution has become a habit, I am ready to add in another resolution.



1 comment:

Denise Webster said...

I love everything you write about. You help me a bunch!! I keep thinking about simplifying and wonder why I am so tangled in the mess I'm in and can I get out?! ;o)

I love this theme and the New Year's stuff. I've never made a big list for the same reasons. I just try to pick a thing or two I really want to accomplish, then add others as I want or cross off. My one goal for this year is to read some classics. I've never read any/most of them. I am 2/3 through Pride and Prejudice so I am on my way. Aside from all my other things going on, this is a relaxing thing for me.

Thanks for always having something to help me keep on track! You're awesome!

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...