Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Vacuum Law

The Vacuum Law of Prosperity states: "Nature Abhors a Vacuum." If you create a vacuum, then nature will fill it.

I have always wanted a grand piano. When we were moving from Arizona back to Texas, I realized that as long as I kept moving that piano around, I would never get my grand piano. I decided it was time to create a vacuum. So we gave away our piano and returned to Texas piano-less.

I had the perfect spot picked out in my living room for my grand piano. I made the mistake of "filling the space" with two chairs because I didn't like having an empty space there. At Christmastime we moved those chairs to put the Christmas tree in that spot. When we took the tree down, I started putting the chairs back in that spot and then it occurred to me that I was filling the vacuum with those chairs instead of a grand piano.

Meanwhile, I picked out the exact grand piano I wanted and put a picture of it on my vision board. So I had a great picture in my head of what my grand piano would look like. Every time I would pass that empty spot in my living room I would pause and picture my grand piano there - I would feel the gratitude for the grand piano swelling inside me. I would feel the gratitude as if the piano had already been delivered!

We received some unexpected income that covered the cost of the grand piano. The day before Easter my grand piano was delivered, and it looked exactly the way I had pictured it in my mind!

I had to create the vacuum, and I had to be sure that nothing else filled that vacuum so I could consciously create what I wanted to fill that vacuum. If you don’t consciously create something to fill the vacuum, and if you don’t put a lot of belief behind it, then nature will fill the vacuum with something else.

We can also create vacuums with our emotions. We can choose to no longer experience a negative emotion. But if we don’t replace it with its positive counterpart, then the negative emotion will quickly return. Try replacing anger with love, forgiveness, peace, calm and mercy. Try replacing fear with trust, reassurance, confidence, and courage. Try replacing doubt with belief and reassurance. Try filling up with lots of gratitude so there isn’t any room left for negative emotions.

No comments:

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...