Saturday, March 2, 2013

30 Day Course on Faith - Day 30

Faith: Write Your Own Story



We are at Day 30!  Writing this course has been a leap of faith for me!  When I started writing this course I had some of the days outlined, but not all.  I didn't have all the pieces in place to write this course, but I knew I needed to just get started and trust that God would provide everything (and everyone) I needed along the way.  Thanks for sharing this journey with me!  I have had my own struggles -- and as I have searched, studied, and practiced this course my faith has definitely increased and my life has been greatly blessed and enriched!

Some days I feel like my faith is so strong, so sure, so fixed -- I feel like if Goliath showed up at my door I could defeat him as easily as David did.  Most days, though, my faith is weak and wobbly, and I feel extremely vulnerable.

One of my favorite quotes that has helped me get through those wobbly days:

          "Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and 
          happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't 
          come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, 
          they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good 
          Things to Come." ~Jeffrey R. Holland

I know in whom I have trusted.  I know that God has always come through for me in the past, and that gives me the assurance that He will always be there for me.

As we complete this course I encourage you to write your own story of faith.  Don't worry if it's not an amazing story that will impress others.  Your goal is much greater than to impress others... your goal is to increase your faith and as a result draw closer to God. Start recording these small instances of faith in your life.  When David defeated the lion and the bear, he probably had no idea that he would one day face a 9 foot Philistine. These smaller examples of faith are preparing you to have greater experiences with faith. Record them and express gratitude for them!

Like I described above, some days my faith is so great that I don't see how I could ever have another doubt again!  But then I do doubt again.  Sometimes we feel like we're not progressing because we are still having these lows.  I want you to look on the chart below... Notice that every time you have a new high it gets higher than the previous high. I want you to especially notice that the third "Low" is higher than the original "High."  Yes, you will still have lows, but as you progress your lows will be higher than they have been. We can't be perfect every day (trust me on this one... I've tried it!), but we can trust God and He will continue lifting us higher and higher!


Write your own story of faith, no matter how small or big it may seem to you.  You are equal to the task!  As you write your own story your own faith will increase, and your capacity to inspire and bless others will also increase!  There are no extra people walking on the planet -- you are here for a reason and you owe it to yourself and to others to discover what that is!

God bless you in your journey!


Daily Challenge: Every day for 30 days in a row, 

I want you to say the following out loud at least 10 times each day!!!  
Be sure to say it cheerfully and enthusiastically!  
This scripture is found in Philippians 4:13:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” 

You've now completed this challenge 30 days in a row!
Be sure to congratulate yourself for a job well done!
WOO! HOO!   YOU DID IT!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing course! What a wealth of information. I could just keep repeating it every 30 days and get more and more out of it each time.

Alisa said...

Glad you made it through all 30 days, Melanie! ;) I know I get more out of it every time I read it!

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...