Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reaching Our Goal

On Monday we talked about how willpower doesn't help us achieve our goals.  Most of us have been asking ourselves how to develop more willpower; now I want you to start asking how you can accomplish your goal without willpower!

Like I mentioned earlier, the subconscious mind is responsible for 96-98% of our results.  The subconscious mind is where all our habits, beliefs and programming are stored.  In order to achieve our goals, we need to change the habits, beliefs and programming that are in our subconscious mind.  To give this subject justice, I would have to teach an entire course on it -- and maybe I will one day (keep checking my website for more information on that).  Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:

1.  Be very, very clear on what you want.  Write out a vision statement that gets you very excited!!!  It should feel like a "10" to you on a scale from 1-10.

2.  Make a recording of you reading this Vision Statement (be sure to read it with enthusiasm and excitement).

3.  Listen to this recording as you go to sleep at night and as you wake up in the morning (I bought a CD alarm clock to make this easy).  Do this for at least 30 days in a row -- without missing a day!!!  I will talk about the importance of that in my next post!

4.  Collect (or create) a picture which represents you reaching this goal.  Across the bottom of the picture write "I am so happy and grateful now that ______." (Fill in the blank with your goal statement).  Keep this picture somewhere you will see it often to remind you of this goal. 

Feel free to try this for yourself and record your experience in the comments section!

3 comments:

花蓮民宿 said...

I’m strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. When possible, since you gain expertise,keep writing and happy blogging.2$4

Brian Mobilia said...

Good post! I have a random question for you. How do you get your blog indexed by bing? I have a related web blog.

Burton Haynes said...

How you doing

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...