Friday, February 19, 2010

From Overwhelmed to Overflowing...

When I coach with clients and talk with other women, I find a lot of people who genuinely want to serve and help other people, but feel too overwhelmed to do it!  We live in a culture where we are way too busy!

One truth that has been playing over and over in my head this past week is that you can't give from an empty cup! There is a reason why the airlines instruct you to put on your own oxygen mask before assisting a child to put theirs on.

About 6 months ago, I finally put into action something that I have thought was a good idea for several years -- a Power Hour! The first hour of my day I spend feeding myself spiritually, mentally, emotionally & physically. That not only fills my cup, but it fills it to overflowing! From on overflowing cup, it is easy to serve others because you have so much more to give!

Picture you have a cup with a few drops of water in it.  Somebody asks for a drink from your cup.  How do you feel?  Resentful?  Worried?  Fearful?  What if they drink all my water, how will I ever get more water?

Now picture a glass overflowing with water, and the same person asks you for a drink from your cup.  You are more than willing to share!!!  You have so much to give that you know your supply will never run out!  It's a completely different feeling.

I am always amazed at how simple real solutions are! Fill yourself to overflowing -- then go serve others!

2 comments:

Norberto Fehrle said...

Thanks for the post I actually learned something from it. Very good content on this site Always looking forward to new post.

iphone 5 said...

When is definitely the iphone five most likely to show up? I have verizon and would like to get the i phone when my own contract expires in April, I would really prefer to find out if the i phone 5 is coming out anytime soon, since if so, I'd stick it out longer to receive that instead of the iphone 4.

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...