Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year

When I think of all the learning and growing I did last year, there is no way I could have known last January what was possible for me for the entire year!!! I basically see two big problems with new year resolutions:

1. They say it takes about 30 days to start a new habit. I know that I'm a procrastinator so if I give myself 365 days to accomplish what it takes 30 days to do, then it is likely that I am never going to get around to it.

2. I usually set so many goals at one time and try to accomplish them all at once -- which is a sure formula for failure!

So my new year resolution this year is to stop doing new year resolutions. Instead I am going to do new month resolutions. It takes about 30 days to form a new habit and so I'm picking a new habit every month that I want to create.

My January resolution is weight loss!!! (I'm sure I'm not alone in this!) I lost 30 lb last year, and this year I have lost 6 lb so far; 14 more to go! As I focus on losing weight and feeling better about myself, I will have a better idea of what to focus on in February.

Every month I will be focusing on a new resolution!!! I can't wait to create the best year of my life!!!

No comments:

Because of Him

This Easter I have loved reading all the posts on Facebook in reference to this video about the Savior: When I woke up this morning, t...